Fishing At Shell Island Cebu

Saturday morning Fishing at Shell Island

Another free fishing spot in Cebu is the Shell Island located in front of Cebu Malacanang SRP. This is the island that welcomes you when coming from the south to Cebu through ferry/ship.


Getting things ready for fishing.
It was early dawn when we went there. It was a very peaceful morning and a perfect time for fishing.


Shell Island view from SRP.
Bro Omet is one of my fishing buddies, and he knows the boatman who took us there. We only pay P50 pesos back and forth. The boatman is staying there, so its very convenient to contact him whenever you want to get back to SRP.


Riding the boat going to the Island.
It was a small boat and can only accommodate 3 persons at a time, so we had to divide the group into 2.  


Enjoying the view from Shell Island.
When we got there, I set my gears up and cast my rod. I was so excited to cast because the water was so calm.


Ship coming from CdeO passing through Shell Island.
Ships will be passing there so be prepared for occasional waves. Well it adds to the view though so it's cool. :)
My first Pugapo catch.
After a few minutes, here it is. My first catch! A pugapo, or also known as Lapulapu fish.


Pugapo/Lapulapu fish at Shell Island.
My friend caught this weired looking fish as well. I'm sorry but again, I don't know what this fish called. I need to learn what they're called. :)
2nd Pugapo/Lapulapu.

After a few minutes, I got another lapulapu fish. Wee! It was my lucky day! It seems that every time I cast my bait, fishes come rushing for it! :)


Third Pugapo/Lapulapu fish at Shell Island.
Again! It really was my lucky day! I got this fish in less than 1 minute after I cast my bait. Amazing isn't it? :)


Types of Fishes caught in Shell Island.
We started around 6am and I went home ahead of them at around 9am. Three hours of relaxing fishing experience at shell island.

My thoughts

In my own experience, shell island has the most abundant fish of all the fishing spot I've tried here in Cebu. Probably because it's an island, and there's not much people fishing there. The only disadvantage is that, there is only one boatman I knew, so if he's not available then I wouldn't be able to get there. Anyways I can always set an appointment with him if I plan my fishing ahead. Another thing is the garbages, trashes coming from Cebu is stock in there during high tide. If people will continue to throw their trashes in the sea/river, then soon it will become a garbage Island (sigh). I can only imagine how abundant that Island would be if there's no trashes everywhere.

That's all I can think of as of now. I'm hoping to be back there soon if my work and school schedule would allow me to...

No comments:

Post a Comment