Fishing Spot in Cebu | Marcelo Bridge

Under Marcelo Bridge Cebu, Mandaue side

One of the most accessible fishing spot in Cebu is under the Marcelo Bridge connecting Mactan and Mandaue City.

One afternoon, I was supposed to go to Naga City because I heard that there is a good fishing spot there. However, it was already late afternoon and I know it would be a long ride plus the traffic. So I decided to go to Marcello bridge park in Mandaue City.

Marcelo Bridge Cebu City

This is the view outside the park under the Marcelo bridge.

Outside the Marcelo Bridge Mandaue

The view is really nice, however at side of this you'll find a lot of garbage. If the government would place a garbage can, and maintenance here, this would be a potential tourist spot in Cebu.

Park under Marcelo bridge

On the other side you'll see people swimming. This is really crowded during Sundays.

Beach in Cebu City

Time to fish. I hope I can finally catch something today.

Fishing in Cebu

I didn't caught anything from the first spot, so I moved to this side.

Fishing spot in Marcelo Bridge

Tips:

This is a public place, so you'll see different people doing different things (Dating).

Do not throw your trash anywhere. It would be better if you bring an extra cellophane for your trash.

Date under the bridge?

Occasional waves when large ships passes under the bridge.

Philippines Coast Guard Vessel in Cebu

Summary

There are variety of fish here, I even saw someone caught a small octopus, and lobster here . So for fishing, I would rate this a 4.5 out of 5. Hopefully the local government of Mandaue, and the people living in this area will keep this place clean, and secured.